Sunday, June 5, 2016

Become Christ-like in character

Dear Dr. Mario,

One of the HI subjects I appreciate the most is the one on Leadership. One of the things I realized after the Global Forum presentations in HI is that the "Christianized" countries in Latin America, Southern Africa, and Philippines, are ironically where widespread poverty and corruption are the greatest problems. Churches are growing exponentially, Mega Churches are sprouting everywhere but there is no social transformation. This bothers me. 




It is not enough to win people to Christ. They have to be taught and trained to become Christ-like in character. When I came to your class, I had my "aha!' moment when you talked about the importance of character in leadership, nay in all areas of life. This dovetails with my concern.

Unfortunately, there is a dearth of character formation materials in my country. Almost all of the bible study/ discipleship materials are on prayer, worship, Bible reading, fellowship, and witnessing. I can hardly find materials on developing Christ-like character traits.  

You mentioned, during my and Madukauwa's visit to your room, that you have a Devotional and Bible Discussion series on character? May I have a copy of those which I may use in my ministry?

Thank you and may God continue to bless you, your family and your ministry



Rev. Isagani V. Deslate
UCCP-National City Church
96 Times St., West Triangle Homes, Q.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured video