Monday, January 12, 2015

The Power of Affirmations

In my years of practice as an industrial psychologist, I have seen so many intelligent, creative and enterprising people ending up:

·                   Tired

·                   Relatively unmotivated

·                   More than a little stressed

·                   Anxious, irritable or down

·                   Having neither clarity nor direction

·         Having little joy or balance in life

·         Not knowing their design

·         Affirming the wrong things in life.

 

Many are also disillusioned about the work-life balance they thought they could have. The reality is that many of us are surviving rather than thriving. But I know it doesn't have to be that way!

Over the years I have constantly affirmed who I am, why I exist and where I see myself in the future by the Grace of God. Scientific research supports the need for affirmations to improve leadership abilities. Be vocal and transparent in your practice and encourage those whom you lead to follow your example.

 Working through affirmations will help you help create the life that, deep down, you really want − a life filled with happiness and contentment.

 And yes, success is part of the equation too!

 You could also be living a better life!   
 
One truth that we all must embrace is that realising our dreams is a process!

Let me close with the following: 'Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.' Matthew 7:24.  We set ourselves up for blessing when we apply God's words to our lives. When we face the storms of life, the best place to be is 'on the rock'. So build your life on HIS words and you will stand secure. Make the following prayer your prayer too: Lord, I choose to build my life on You and Your Word. Help me to not only be a hearer of Your Word but also a doer. Amen.

To all my loved ones, especially my wife, three sons, my two daughters-in-law and my three granddaughters –You are such a blessing to me. Keep  affirmations close to your heart for the rest of your life.


To God all the Glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured video