Sunday, January 5, 2014

Career Direct has added so much value to our training program


Equipping young people for live is what the TiCs 180* Gap Year training program is all about. Since 1993 we have been training leaders of character that bring hope to cities and nations.

Many young people do not know what they want to do with their lives and don't have an idea of how God has designed them. Society places great emphasis on WHAT you do BUT we have experienced that they first need to know WHO they are before they can start dreaming about the WHAT. I firmly believe this is one of the primary reasons why the drop out statistics of Universities is so high.



3 Years ago the TiCs staff was trained by Dr Mario Denton as Career Direct Coaches as we realized that our own students desperately needed a tool to assist them in making one of life's most important decisions.

Career Direct has added so much value to our training program because it is more than a simple career test, it analyses four critical areas: personality, interests, skills, and values. It also generates 30 pages of individualised reports. Our staff is equipped to coach each student in the process of researching their top 3 career choices and organising their practical Career Shadowing of 10 days in at least one of their top 3 careers. The TiCs office assists in providing each Career Shadowing opportunity with the outcomes and evaluation documents for each student.

Career Direct with the Shadowing process, has proved to be very successful and our students are excited about God's dream and purpose for their life's, 

Here is some of the feedback in their own words:
The career test taught me so much about myself and showed out so many opportunities to choose from that I never even thought of. The shadowing of my career choice offered me the opportunity to see behind the scenes and I loved every moment. I am forever grateful for getting to know WHO I am in order to know WHAT I want to do with my life. Candice Jayne Hattingh 

It has helped me so much because I was totally confused and didn't know what I wanted to do after this amazing 180* Gap Year. Career Direct has helped me understand my own unique design and what I wanted to do with my life. I am excited about my future and know God has a great purpose and dream for my life. Patrick Matuba

Even though I had a good idea of what I wanted to study, Career Direct helped me to confirm it. The shadowing offered me great exposure and experience and ....and I will definitely recommend it. - Michelle Steyn


Blessings
Zelda Coetzee
TiCs Visionary Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured video