I am back from a Conference in Los Angeles where I did a presentation on the 18 inches towards real transformation from the head to the heart. At the conference I had the opportunity to listen to some outstanding wisdom and legacy leaders of the world. One such session was with Ken Blanchard.
Ken talked about trust as the basis for every relationship and about defining trust busters and trust boosters, as well as rebuilding trust. I personally liked the assessment tool Ken discussed with us that uses 35 statements based on the following:
1, When you demonstrate competence and skill, you are ABLE, which builds trust.
2. When you act with integrity, you are BELIEVABLE, which builds trust.
3. When you care about others, you are CONNECTED, which builds trust.
4. When you remain reliable, you are DEPENDABLE, which builds trust.
Other speakers included:
· Luis Palau, Astonishing Impact of one Consecrated Business Leader
· Dr. John Townsend, Boundaries and Leadership: How Successful Leaders Guard Their Time and Energy
· Kevin Palau, City Transformation: The Portland Story, Is it possible to see cities transformed by the Gospel?
· Kent Humphreys, What is Next for You?
· Dr. Paul White, Authentic Appreciation: Communicating True Value to Your Employees for Kingdom-based Relationships
· Rick Warren: Sharing and inspiring us to be the true ambassadors of God’s Kingdom
What a great moment to reconnect, to share, to pray and also to have fun together! It was great meeting the FCCI delegates again. This conference was different as there was a strong emphasis on how to do it versus just talking and listening. For me personally, the conference was a time of learning new things from God regarding a fresh re-engineering approach to our FCCI calling in Africa. I have been emotionally recharged, spiritually renewed and again equipped for the challenges we are facing in the market-place in Africa.
Let’s change the market-place story. Also see the link that I prepared for the conference: http://www.changeyourstorytoday.com/#!home/mainPage
Be a life-long learner and allow God to use you mightily in the position for which He has called you in. Make a difference wherever you go!
Blessings. Dr Mario Denton E: email@example.com